Chernobyl - A Holiday with a Difference
“Top of anyone’s list who is interested in Soviet history, urban exploration or dark tourism, is the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. So for me, the day I went on a Ukrainian winter adventure was the most exciting I can remember. I’ve seen photos and read about the history of Chernobyl, but it took my breath away. The truth of the accident is more harrowing, the site much bigger, and the buildings left behind more incredible than I’d imagined.
I setup the first Explore trip to Chernobyl in 2017 and the original departures sold out within just three days! Since then many Explore staff and hundreds of customers travelled here to see the Reactor Number 4 container, Pripyat city, and the massive Cold War radar and to have the experience of meeting someone living inside the zone.
If you want to discover a place like no other, then Chernobyl is for you.”
All presentations in this stream
- 11:30 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards
- 12:30 Kate Humble and Benedict Allen In Conversation
- 14:30 Trekking through Wild Zanskar in the kingdom of Ladakh
- 15:30 One Extraordinary week in Alaska
- 10:30 MAKING A WAVE OF CHANGE IN TRAVEL: The fight against single-use plastic.
- 11:30 Malawi- Africa’s Most Complete Destination
- 12:30 Why Escorted Touring is a great way to see the world
- 13:30 The Lesser known Kerala
- 14:30 Sensational Costa Rica with Wanderlust
- 16:00 Wanderlust Travel Photo of the Year Awards
- 10:30 Sri Lanka- Why its the number one country for Travel in 2019
- 11:30 South Africa garden route explained and explored
- 12:30 Georgia on my mind - Antarctica and South Georgia
- 13:30 How Overlanding gets you places other tours can’t
- 14:30 Women in focus
- 15:30 New Zealand has it all!
- 10:30 Pakistan – Reaching New Heights
- 11:30 Eco luxury travel experiences across South India
- 12:30 Spot light on the Amalfi Coast and interview with chef Gennaro Contaldo.
- 13:30 A Penguin Paradise – The History of Isla Magdalena.
- 14:30 USA self drives
- 15:30 Classic Russia and beyond