Classic Russia and beyond
Simon will cover the highlights of Russia’s two greatest cities, with insider tips on the best places to go and things to do. This will include Moscow; the epicentre of modern Russia, and St Petersburg; renowned for its magnificent palaces, world class museums, elegant canals and grand architecture. Going beyond this, Simon will also talk about The Golden Ring; a string of ancient settlements to the north-east of Moscow comprised of onion-domed churches, medieval monasteries, traditional crafts and beautifully unspoilt countryside. Finally, Simon will inspire listeners with an experts knowledge of the Trans-Siberian Railway, including the Tsar’s Gold which is often viewed as the ultimate rail journey. This will also cover Kazan and its Unesco-protected Kremlin as well as Volgograd.
All presentations in this stream
- 11:30 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards
- 12:30 Kate Humble and Benedict Allen In Conversation
- 13:30 Chernobyl - A Holiday with a Difference
- 14:30 Trekking through Wild Zanskar in the kingdom of Ladakh
- 15:30 One Extraordinary week in Alaska
- 10:30 MAKING A WAVE OF CHANGE IN TRAVEL: The fight against single-use plastic.
- 11:30 Malawi- Africa’s Most Complete Destination
- 12:30 Why Escorted Touring is a great way to see the world
- 13:30 The Lesser known Kerala
- 14:30 Sensational Costa Rica with Wanderlust
- 16:00 Wanderlust Travel Photo of the Year Awards
- 10:30 Sri Lanka- Why its the number one country for Travel in 2019
- 11:30 South Africa garden route explained and explored
- 12:30 Georgia on my mind - Antarctica and South Georgia
- 13:30 How Overlanding gets you places other tours can’t
- 14:30 Women in focus
- 15:30 New Zealand has it all!
- 10:30 Pakistan – Reaching New Heights
- 11:30 Eco luxury travel experiences across South India
- 12:30 Spot light on the Amalfi Coast and interview with chef Gennaro Contaldo.
- 13:30 A Penguin Paradise – The History of Isla Magdalena.
- 14:30 USA self drives