Iceland – A Year-round Destination
Friday, January 17, 2020 - 12:00 to 12:45
Destinations Manchester 2020 Schedule - Meet The Experts Theatre - Meet The Experts Theatre
Whether it’s your first foray to this fascinating island or it’s lured you back again with its irresistible charms, Iceland is one of those rare places that gets under your skin. Not only are there breathtaking natural wonders to discover, there are also a great range of activities to experience. It’s one of the best places to go whale watching or hiking through the great outdoors while snowmobiling, quad biking or a superjeep trip will get your pulse racing. Whatever the time of year, there are plenty of ways to experience Icelandic activities and explore its scenic delights. For some a self-drive is the ideal adventure, driving on quiet roads between its prime locations as well as hidden gems, while others enjoy being expertly guided on a small group tour. Now is also the time to discover new highlights including the Arctic Coast Way, a touring route along the dramatic North Iceland coastline, and Torfhus Retreat Hotel, an exciting new place to stay inspired by a Viking farm.
Short on travel time and big on natural wonders, Iceland offers a superb range of holiday options year round. Visit in winter and you may well spot the magical northern lights while the summer months are bathed in the golden light of the midnight sun.
All presentations in this stream
- 11:00 Croatia Walking Tour
- 12:00 250 years after Captain Cook first encountered a Kangaroo: Exploring Australia’s native Wildlife – the deadly and the cuddly
- 13:00 It should never happen to a game ranger
- 14:00 A private tour of the Baltic States (Lithuania, Latvia & Estonia) – this is how we do it!
- 15:00 Pakistan - The Jewel in the Crown of Adventure Travel
- 11:00 A road trip across South India
- 13:00 Islands & Atolls of the South Pacific
- 14:00 The Silk Road: Beyond the Hype
- 15:00 Varanasi – one of the oldest living cities in the world
- 11:00 Iceland & the Faroe Islands
- 12:00 Discover Travel Safety Secrets From An International Security Advisor
- 13:00 How to explore the great outdoors: The hidden natural wonders of South Africa’s Northern Cape
- 14:00 Brazil's Big Five
- 15:00 Madagascar is an island like no other
- 11:00 Southern Italy, Sicily & Malta
- 12:00 Is a small group adventure right for my family?
- 13:00 Polar cruises – the ultimate bucket-list experience
- 14:00 Self Drive Vietnam in a Jeep
- 15:00 South America: Classic Routes and Iconic Destinations