Galapagos: The Enchanted Isles
Ancient seafarers called them the Enchanted Isles, recognising their unique landscape and extraordinary fauna, but it was Charles Darwin who drew The Galapagos Islands to the world’s attention. By observing the fascinating adaptations made in the birds and reptiles on these predator-free islands, Darwin formulated his theory of evolution. Their natural history is outstanding; 28 bird species occur nowhere else in the world. There are giant tortoises, prehistoric-looking Land and Marine Iguanas, colourful crabs and even a Galápagos Snake. Most appealing of all is the tame and obliging nature of this extraordinary wildlife; it is a photographer’s paradise — a telephoto lens is usually unnecessary.
All presentations in this stream
- 10:45 Why Uzbekistan?
- 11:45 Wax & Gold: Discovering Ethiopia
- 12:45 How to prepare and what to pack for your first Iceland visit?
- 13:45 Rural India & Green Footprints
- 14:45 Patagonia - Off the Beaten Track
- 15:45 North Korea - Visiting the World's Most Secretive Nation
- 10:45 Eswatini- Africas Newest Country
- 11:45 TRANSCENDENTAL, LIFE CHANGING & LIFE ENRICHING TRAVEL
- 12:45 Travel Trends for 2019
- 14:45 Travel writing for beginners
- 15:45 Somaliland - The country that isn't.
- 10:45 Travelling with Purpose, Is volunteering overseas right for you??
- 11:45 Wine and Winemaking in Georgia
- 12:45 Meet Your South Africa: how best to immerse yourself in local culture when travelling.
- 13:45 Walking with migrants – a trek in Morocco with a difference
- 14:45 River Cruise Masterclass.
- 15:45 The World's Most Luxurious Rail Journeys
- 10:45 Focus on my favourite Portuguese islands – Flores in the Azores and Fogo in Cape Verde.
- 11:45 Land of the Lemurs – Fall in Love with Madagascar
- 12:45 Wildlife Exposed - From the plains to the poles
- 13:45 Brilliant Baja!
- 14:45 Thematic Expert Lead Tours for Superlative Travel Experiences
- 15:45 South Africa- Garden Route explained and explored