MAKING A WAVE OF CHANGE IN TRAVEL: The fight against single-use plastic.
The statistics are devastating. Plastic has increased twenty-fold over the past 50 years, and will double again in the next 20 years. Already present in the stomachs of nearly all the world’s marine birds, by 2050 plastics in the ocean will outweigh fish, covering large swaths of the Pacific in floating garbage slicks.
We can change this. Plastic pollution is not nature’s choice but ours.
Here's to the challenge of ensuring all business, airlines, properties become more conscious of plastic consumption - the power is in the hands of the consumer, our travellers to make a wave of change.
All presentations in this stream
- 11:30 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards
- 12:30 Kate Humble and Benedict Allen In Conversation
- 13:30 Chernobyl - A Holiday with a Difference
- 14:30 Trekking through Wild Zanskar in the kingdom of Ladakh
- 15:30 One Extraordinary week in Alaska
- 11:30 Malawi- Africa’s Most Complete Destination
- 12:30 Why Escorted Touring is a great way to see the world
- 13:30 The Lesser known Kerala
- 14:30 Sensational Costa Rica with Wanderlust
- 16:00 Wanderlust Travel Photo of the Year Awards
- 10:30 Sri Lanka- Why its the number one country for Travel in 2019
- 11:30 South Africa garden route explained and explored
- 12:30 Georgia on my mind - Antarctica and South Georgia
- 13:30 How Overlanding gets you places other tours can’t
- 14:30 Women in focus
- 15:30 New Zealand has it all!
- 10:30 Pakistan – Reaching New Heights
- 11:30 Eco luxury travel experiences across South India
- 12:30 Spot light on the Amalfi Coast and interview with chef Gennaro Contaldo.
- 13:30 A Penguin Paradise – The History of Isla Magdalena.
- 14:30 USA self drives
- 15:30 Classic Russia and beyond