North Korea - Visiting the World's Most Secretive Nation
Always on the lookout for expanding into the more weird and wonderful parts of the world, Regent's founder Neil Taylor was approached by the North Koreans in the early 1980's to investigate the possibility of western tourists visiting the country and in 1986 the very first tour group from Regent went to the country.
Despite many ups and downs over the years; the collapse of the Soviet Union, the seeming sudden deaths of the two previous leaders, UN sanctions and the odd nuclear test thrown in for good measure - somehow dispute all odds, at Regent we've never looked back.
Carl Meadows, Regent's North Korea tells his tale of feeling completely hooked by the country since that first visit and explains how the country has changed over the past decade and how the tourism potential continues to increase as tours put together at Regent continue to evolve. Q&A will follow.
All presentations in this stream
- 10:45 Why Uzbekistan?
- 11:45 Wax & Gold: Discovering Ethiopia
- 12:45 How to prepare and what to pack for your first Iceland visit?
- 13:45 Rural India & Green Footprints
- 14:45 Patagonia - Off the Beaten Track
- 10:45 Eswatini- Africas Newest Country
- 11:45 TRANSCENDENTAL, LIFE CHANGING & LIFE ENRICHING TRAVEL
- 12:45 Travel Trends for 2019
- 13:45 Galapagos: The Enchanted Isles
- 14:45 Travel writing for beginners
- 15:45 Somaliland - The country that isn't.
- 10:45 Travelling with Purpose, Is volunteering overseas right for you??
- 11:45 Wine and Winemaking in Georgia
- 12:45 Meet Your South Africa: how best to immerse yourself in local culture when travelling.
- 13:45 Walking with migrants – a trek in Morocco with a difference
- 14:45 River Cruise Masterclass.
- 15:45 The World's Most Luxurious Rail Journeys
- 10:45 Focus on my favourite Portuguese islands – Flores in the Azores and Fogo in Cape Verde.
- 11:45 Land of the Lemurs – Fall in Love with Madagascar
- 12:45 Wildlife Exposed - From the plains to the poles
- 13:45 Brilliant Baja!
- 14:45 Thematic Expert Lead Tours for Superlative Travel Experiences
- 15:45 Exploring the Yangtze