How to explore the great outdoors: The hidden natural wonders of South Africa’s Northern Cape
Saturday, January 18, 2020 - 13:00 to 13:45
Destinations Manchester 2020 Schedule - Meet The Experts Theatre - Meet The Experts Theatre
Gansbaai in the Western Cape of South Africa is an absolute haven for marine wildlife, home to African penguins, white sharks, Southern Right Whales, Cape Fur Seals, dolphins, skates, rays as well as an abundance of birdlife – Alison challenges anyone to find another place on Earth that can offer such diversity so close to shore. Alison is a true expert and ambassador for marine life and marine conservation and will share her expert insight into South Africa’s marine wildlife, and how best these marine creatures can be experienced and preserved.
All presentations in this stream
- 11:00 Croatia Walking Tour
- 12:00 250 years after Captain Cook first encountered a Kangaroo: Exploring Australia’s native Wildlife – the deadly and the cuddly
- 13:00 It should never happen to a game ranger
- 14:00 A private tour of the Baltic States (Lithuania, Latvia & Estonia) – this is how we do it!
- 15:00 Pakistan - The Jewel in the Crown of Adventure Travel
- 11:00 A road trip across South India
- 12:00 Iceland – A Year-round Destination
- 13:00 Islands & Atolls of the South Pacific
- 14:00 The Silk Road: Beyond the Hype
- 15:00 Varanasi – one of the oldest living cities in the world
- 11:00 Iceland & the Faroe Islands
- 12:00 Discover Travel Safety Secrets From An International Security Advisor
- 14:00 Brazil's Big Five
- 15:00 Madagascar is an island like no other
- 11:00 Southern Italy, Sicily & Malta
- 12:00 Is a small group adventure right for my family?
- 13:00 Polar cruises – the ultimate bucket-list experience
- 14:00 Self Drive Vietnam in a Jeep
- 15:00 South America: Classic Routes and Iconic Destinations