The Lesser known Kerala
The talk will cover some hidden gems of Kerala that remain unexplored by the visitor.
While much is known about Kerala there is much that remains unknown, places explored by Harji during his 16 years there. Among the regions Harji will talk about are Mujris or Kondangalur, which has the oldest mosque, church and synagogue in the country; Thattekad, a tucked away bird sanctuary; Parambikulam,perhaps the richest wildlife park in the state; Bekal, a beach that is emerging and Thrissur with its rich tradition of promoting Kalaripeyattu, Kathakali, Mohinattam and Panch vadyam.
Of course Harji will also cover the popular areas of Cochin, Munnar, Periyar, Kovalam and the unique backwaters and the eco tourism that they sustain.
All presentations in this stream
- 11:30 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards
- 12:30 Kate Humble and Benedict Allen In Conversation
- 13:30 Chernobyl - A Holiday with a Difference
- 14:30 Trekking through Wild Zanskar in the kingdom of Ladakh
- 15:30 One Extraordinary week in Alaska
- 10:30 MAKING A WAVE OF CHANGE IN TRAVEL: The fight against single-use plastic.
- 11:30 Malawi- Africa’s Most Complete Destination
- 12:30 Why Escorted Touring is a great way to see the world
- 14:30 Sensational Costa Rica with Wanderlust
- 16:00 Wanderlust Travel Photo of the Year Awards
- 10:30 Sri Lanka- Why its the number one country for Travel in 2019
- 11:30 South Africa garden route explained and explored
- 12:30 Georgia on my mind - Antarctica and South Georgia
- 13:30 How Overlanding gets you places other tours can’t
- 14:30 Women in focus
- 15:30 New Zealand has it all!
- 10:30 Pakistan – Reaching New Heights
- 11:30 Eco luxury travel experiences across South India
- 12:30 Spot light on the Amalfi Coast and interview with chef Gennaro Contaldo.
- 13:30 A Penguin Paradise – The History of Isla Magdalena.
- 14:30 USA self drives
- 15:30 Classic Russia and beyond