Travelling with Purpose, Is volunteering overseas right for you??
Volunteering overseas can give travellers a unique glimpse into the culture, history, lifestyle, and traditions of the countries they are visiting. Provided it’s done well. After all, it’s natural to wonder about the impact of a volunteer trip - sometimes, finding ways to meaningfully give back can seem like a minefield. How do you know the support you’re giving is making a real difference? How do you know the people you are meeting are really benefiting from your support? These are key questions every would-be volunteer needs to ask, because, when properly designed, volunteering can be an immersive opportunity that helps uncover the true essence of a country, while leaving behind a positive legacy.
This panel based session led by our charity partner Habitat for Humanity explores ways to meaningfully contribute your time to support and benefit local communities in countries you are visiting.
We will explore the difference between volunteering and voluntourism and hear from a panel of 3 seasoned volunteers who have supported Habitat for Humanity.
Audience members will have the opportunity to ask the panel questions and will leave with a greater understanding of what overseas volunteering can involve, and how to ensure its making a difference. If you have always been curious about exploring beyond the boundaries this talk is for you...
All presentations in this stream
- 11:00 Eco luxury travel experiences across South India
- 12:00 New Zealand
- 13:00 The Hottest European Destination for 2019
- 14:00 South Africa- Garden Route explained and explored
- 15:00 The Arctic, Antarctica and the Oceans in Between
- 11:00 The Lesser known Kerala
- 12:00 Southern Africa Discovery
- 13:00 GREENLAND - the world's largest island is big on experiences.
- 14:00 Expedition vessels as a platform for science, how we contribute to key scientific research
- 15:00 Enhancing travel experiences and building bridges with your camera
- 11:00 South Africa Safari
- 12:00 Central America and Expeditions with Matt Kettlewell
- 13:00 Brilliant Baja!
- 14:00 With a Royal Enfield across South India. Negotiating the crowded streets of India with a grin.
- 15:00 Why is Madagascar so unique?
- 11:00 Iceland & Faroes
- 13:00 BRILLIANT BAJA!
- 14:00 Sri Lanka-Why its the Number one country for Travel in 2019
- 15:00 Canada Wildlife Explored