Varanasi – one of the oldest living cities in the world
Friday, January 17, 2020 - 15:00 to 15:45
Destinations Manchester 2020 Schedule - Meet The Experts Theatre - Meet The Experts Theatre
Contemporary with Nineveh and Thebes, Varanasi is one of the oldest living cities in the world today. The Vedic mantras chanted by devotees on the banks of the holy Ganges, are thousands of years old, and remain unaltered from the original. This, the holiest city for Hindus, is also the birthplace of Buddhism, where Buddha delivered his first sermon in 528 BC.
All presentations in this stream
- 11:00 Croatia Walking Tour
- 12:00 250 years after Captain Cook first encountered a Kangaroo: Exploring Australia’s native Wildlife – the deadly and the cuddly
- 13:00 It should never happen to a game ranger
- 14:00 A private tour of the Baltic States (Lithuania, Latvia & Estonia) – this is how we do it!
- 15:00 Pakistan - The Jewel in the Crown of Adventure Travel
- 11:00 A road trip across South India
- 12:00 Iceland – A Year-round Destination
- 13:00 Islands & Atolls of the South Pacific
- 14:00 The Silk Road: Beyond the Hype
- 11:00 Iceland & the Faroe Islands
- 12:00 Discover Travel Safety Secrets From An International Security Advisor
- 13:00 How to explore the great outdoors: The hidden natural wonders of South Africa’s Northern Cape
- 14:00 Brazil's Big Five
- 15:00 Madagascar is an island like no other
- 11:00 Southern Italy, Sicily & Malta
- 12:00 Is a small group adventure right for my family?
- 13:00 Polar cruises – the ultimate bucket-list experience
- 14:00 Self Drive Vietnam in a Jeep
- 15:00 South America: Classic Routes and Iconic Destinations