Wax & Gold: Discovering Ethiopia
.A regular visitor for three years to Ethiopia, this talk depicts an epic first journey of three months in which I traversed the entire country alone to explore both it’s known and completely uncharted mountain ranges, discover its ancient cultural heritage, and experience the religious festivals and legendary hospitality of this most unique of countries. ‘The Tibet of Africa’ – Ethiopia is an ancient mountainous land and one of the first countries in the world to adopt the Christian faith. Hear about my journey to the 13th Century rock-hewn churches of Lalibela; traversing the highest mountain plateau in all of Africa in the Bale Mountains in the cool green south of the country where horses and the rare Ethiopian Wolf abound.
All presentations in this stream
- 10:45 Why Uzbekistan?
- 12:45 How to prepare and what to pack for your first Iceland visit?
- 13:45 Rural India & Green Footprints
- 14:45 Patagonia - Off the Beaten Track
- 15:45 North Korea - Visiting the World's Most Secretive Nation
- 10:45 Eswatini- Africas Newest Country
- 11:45 TRANSCENDENTAL, LIFE CHANGING & LIFE ENRICHING TRAVEL
- 12:45 Travel Trends for 2019
- 13:45 Galapagos: The Enchanted Isles
- 14:45 Travel writing for beginners
- 15:45 Somaliland - The country that isn't.
- 10:45 Travelling with Purpose, Is volunteering overseas right for you??
- 11:45 Wine and Winemaking in Georgia
- 12:45 Meet Your South Africa: how best to immerse yourself in local culture when travelling.
- 13:45 Walking with migrants – a trek in Morocco with a difference
- 14:45 River Cruise Masterclass.
- 15:45 The World's Most Luxurious Rail Journeys
- 10:45 Focus on my favourite Portuguese islands – Flores in the Azores and Fogo in Cape Verde.
- 11:45 Land of the Lemurs – Fall in Love with Madagascar
- 12:45 Wildlife Exposed - From the plains to the poles
- 13:45 Brilliant Baja!
- 14:45 Thematic Expert Lead Tours for Superlative Travel Experiences
- 15:45 Exploring the Yangtze